Monday, 28 May 2012

DVD collection & favourites {MAY 2012}

There are millions of people in this world, but in the end it all comes down to one. I still panic sometimes, forget to breathe, but I know that there's something beautiful in my imperfections; the beauty that he held up for me to see. The strength that I will never be able to say. - Nicole, Crazy Beautiful. 
Hi!
Ok this blog was a requested one, so here it goes... :)
My DVDs; I have about 160 movie titles, I tried to count today & I lost track around the 150 mark & then I realised I forgot a few... And to be honest I can't be bothered to recount them, so lets just say I own roughly about 160 movie DVDs. I started buying them when I was about 17 I owned a few, then as I lived on my own the collection just grew and now it's a bit out of control and I know my collection is nowhere near as big as some peoples but I love mine and I'm darn proud of it... And I think sometimes a small collection with good movies is better than a huge collection full of crap & I think all my movies are great (with a few exceptions...)
I organise mine alphabetically with my favourite movies displayed in my DVD holders & then rest are put into sub-catergories and stored alphabetically in my TV cabinet. It all sounds a bit obsessive but to me honest the only ones I make sure stay in correct order are the ones on display in the DVD holder stand/thing... 
I figured the easiest way to explain my collection & favourites was through v-log, well that kind of back fired because it's a 40 minute video... I am so sorry! But I try to do it all as quickly as possible & I don't really focus on one movie, they all get a mention! So if you watch it to end, just know I bloody love you & you are awesome!! :)
So here's the video;


Pretty random movie collection hey? I love how different it is & that I have lots of titles from all different genres! 
I mention in the video that my collection is nowhere near complete, there are still so many titles I wish to own. This is just a quick list;
  • The Vow
  • The Baby-sitters club movie. (Apparently this DVD is non-existant in Australia, if you see one please tell me. I loved this movie as a kid... Yeah, I was a nerd).
  • Halloween 2 
  • The Crucible 
  • Megamind
  • The Lion King 1,2 & 3
  • Paranormal activity 1 & 3
  • Toy Story 1,2 & 3
  • Sweet Home Alabama 
  • Babe
  • Beaches
  • Training Day
  • The Rescuers Down Under
  • And I'm sure 1000 more movies... I am a really spontaneous movie buyer at times... It's dangerous! 
What movies do you suggest for my collection? I am always open to watch new movies... So let me know if you have any favourites I haven't mentioned!

In the video I also mention that I would list my top 10 favourite movies (in no particular order as I can't decide which one I love the best...)
  1. Almost Famous
  2. Country Strong
  3. Crazy Beautiful
  4. Girl Interrupted
  5. The Help
  6. The Grinch
  7. Hangover 1
  8. Marie Antoinette
  9. The Blind Side
  10.  The final place remains open because my list is ever changing & I'm always adding new favourites... 
So they are my movies, what do you think? I do have more that belong to my parents that Mum has bought but I 'claim to own' (haha). 
A few titles that spring to mind that 'live at the parentals' are; Legally Blonde 1 & 2, The Devil Wears Prada, Dirty Dancing, 10 Things I Hate About You (love that movie!)  & there are ton more I just can't think of them, but what I am trying to say is I do have access to even more movies... 
I was going to post a bunch of my favourite movie quotes but seriously, this blog is long enough! So maybe in another post! But I do have a lot of quotes that I love from movies... 

Please let me know what your top movie picks are & please suggest any movies you think I will enjoy, because as you can tell I love owning great movies! 
I hope my collection has kind of inspired you to check out a new film!
Oh and if you were surprised by a certain movie in my collection, let me know which one it was... I often have people say to me, "I can't believe you own or know what .... is" I think it's funny!
Anyway... 
I hope ya'll enjoyed this post & thanks so much for reading & thanks to Ileana for requesting such a fun video/post for me to do! :) If any of you have any requests please let me know! 
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

Tigers *love* pepper. They hate cinnamon. - Alan, The Hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)