So I often get asked what my favourite type of music is, or what my most listened to song is, like what is my favourite genre?
If you've read this blog since the beginning you should know that I love country music, that is easily my most favourite genre... A lot of songs I love reflect certain times in my life that I have been through and were tough, but I wouldn't change them for the world. Music to me is almost as important as photos. I prefer songs that have a meaning behind them instead of some great 'dance' number... Personally I can't stand music that sounds like a computer made it, so I don't actually listen to radio stations that play the 'latest hits', if you asked me about some great song that was just released by some pop band or some DJ I would probably look at you weird, because I just do not listen to that style of music. (And personally I don't think half the people they play on the radio today should even be classed as artists, mixing 'sick beats' on your laptop & decks is lame & not music.) I also am not the biggest fan of 'rap' or 'R'nB' music, I do like some songs, but it's not really me either... The following list is a mixture of songs that I just love to listen to, songs that describe me, songs that take me back to a point in my life & also songs that are so important to me.
So I figured I would give you a list of my 'must hear' songs...
- My favourite artist for a long, long time has been Taylor Swift, you all should know that... My top 3 songs by this talented artist are; I'm only me when I'm with you, Fearless & Mean. Seriously though, I love every song by Taylor... These are just the ones that mean a lot to me (I could list them all,
- The next band is Sugarland, I love this band! They are amazing and have a great sound... My top songs from this band are; Baby Girl, Want To, Settlin' and Stay. I like all for different reasons, draw whatever assumptions you wish.
- Blake Shelton has a some awesome songs. I love; God Gave Me You, Honey Bee and Who Are You When I'm Not Looking.
- Blake Shelton's wife Miranda Lamebert is also an amazing singer, I have loved her music since about the same time I started listening to Taylor. Heart Like Mine, Famous In A Small Town, Only Prettier, The House That Built Me, Gun, Powder and Lead, Jack Daniels & the first ever song I heard by Miranda and that I instantly fell in love with, Kerosene are all great!
- Rascal Flatts is also a well known and awesome country band! What Hurts The Most, & Fast Cars And Freedom are 2 of their songs I like. What Hurts The Most was a song I listened to a lot when I first moved out of home when I was 18 and some personal issues were going on, so it means a lot to me & not because of anything like the film clip demonstrates, it was more personal issues.
- Brad Paisley is often played whilst I cruise around town, and Camouflage is always cranked up loud! I also love Little Moments, Ticks, Water, Letter To Me and Wrapped Around. (And he is a pretty hot guy as well!!)
- Justin Moore has some amazing songs, but it's mega lame that in Australian I can't download any of his new songs on iTunes!! So annoyed! But the songs I always listen to on YouTube are; Bait A Hook & If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away.
- I love The Zac Brown Band, their sound is awesome! Chicken Fried, Toes, Whatever It Is & Knee Deep are amazing!
- Luke Bryan has some fun songs, I love; Country Girl (shake it for me) <- this song has squirrels in it! HAHA.
- Jason Aldean is also great; Dirt Road Anthem and She's Country <- this is another song I turn up really loud when I drive around.
- Made In America, Red Solo Cup & Bullets In The Gun by Toby Keith are really good songs!
- Country Strong is also a great song! I love the lyrics, the song itself could've been sung by a better artist. I also adore this movie!!
- The Band Perry has the most gorgeous songs, I love her voice, it is stunning! If I Die Young, All Your Life and You Lie are really good...
- Other artists I love are Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Lee Kernaghan, Jake Owen and Hunter Hayes.
Some random songs you should check out which I think are awesome are;
- Wild At Heart by Gloriana.
- Waiting On The World to change by John Mayer.
- She Don't Know She's Beautiful by Sammy Kershaw.
- God Bless The American Housewife by SheDaisy.
- Second Chance by Shine Down.
- Sympathy by the Goo Goo Dolls
- Blue Jeans And A Rosary by Kid Rock.
- Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
- A Woman Like You by Lee Brice.
- Tiny Dancer by Elton John.
- Everybody Needs Somebody by The Blues Brothers.
- You Were Meant For Me by Jewel.
- We Owned The Night by Lady Antebellum.
Ok that is a huge list of songs, I hope it gives you an insight to what music I like and kind of the person I am. :)
Let me know below in the comments what your favourite songs are, or what song you like the best out of this list.
I love them all for different reasons! I may have missed some songs in this list, so in a few months I may do an updated list! Hope this list also showed you some new songs, I love hearing about great new music so if you know of something you think is great, please let me know!
Love you all.