Thursday, 11 October 2012

Turning 24... {Blogtoberfest Day #11}

11 days ago was my birthday, I turned 24... Reaching this age I've been dealing with some mixed emotions, I feel very blessed to turn a year older each birthday, this is a privilege that a lot of people don't get but at the same time there was a slight bitterness to this sweet occasion. 
Did I achieve what I wanted to during 23? No, I didn't. 
Unlike the year before where I closed the chapter of 22 with pride, a huge sense of accomplishment and smiles. I slammed shut 23 with a sense of disappointment, a sense of failure and some tears. 
I didn't intend for this post all doom & gloom but I wanted to be honest. At the end of the day I look at it this way I may not have achieved personally what I had in mind for myself but I did get to grow a year older, an opportunity that is denied to so many and continue to live this life that is a truly wonderful one. 
This is my thought on getting a year older!
I've come along way since this point, obviously. And I should be grateful & cherish all the accomplishments I have made in this life, I have a very blessed life & I do treasure it everyday, I know my dream achievement would make it better, but all I can do right now is be happy with what I have and keep working towards my dreams. 
So anyway... Sorry about that.
I celebrated my birthday in the best way I know, with my family. There is no other way I would've preferred to spend it, being with my parents, brothers and Trent and just being happy was perfect!
When I arrived at my parents house, they had birthday banners up. It was really sweet and and made me feel special. 
Trent and I relaxing on my birthday...
My Mum cooked me a beautiful dinner of roast turkey and we had cake for dessert - it was perfect! 
Oh yum, writing this caption makes me hungry and crave turkey. This is my favourite meal ever! Normally we only eat turkey at Christmas but Mum knew this was my favourite dinner so she made it for me. 
There were some beautiful pink roses on the dinner table!
Mum got me a special '1988' can of Coke to have with my dinner. :)
I shared a bottle of champagne with my Dad! :)
Oh delicious roast turkey dinner, I cannot wait to eat another one of you at Christmas time!
Birthday cake time!! This cake was delicious! 
After dinner Trent and I went to the 'USQ street fest' that was the end of the 'Carnival of Flowers' celebration, Trent and I watched a tribute 80's band play for a little while and then admired the fireworks and just spent some time together it was lovely.
I had some champagne while we watched the concert... 
My beautiful Husband.
The concert.
I found a piano to play. These pianos were scattered around Toowoomba during the 'Carnival Of Flowers' week.
Sorry about the 1 million fire work photos, I just love them all. And they were set just behind 'The Strand/The Old Cinema'... I love how beautiful this building is. Thank you Toowoomba for celebrating my birthday with me in such an explosive fashion!! :) 
Trent gave me a beautiful KitchenAid mixer that arrived yesterday (you can read my post on it HERE) as well as some other items and my family spoilt me! I will get a complete 'birthday haul' up soon...
My gorgeous watch! Trent picked this out all by himself, I was so surprised and I love it!
The beautiful gifts I received off my family. I was totally surprised that my younger brothers got me a plant each (2 different sorts of lavender!) I mentioned I wanted some lavender and they listened!! I will go into detail about my gifts in the video click HERE to view!
I would like to finish this post by thanking all my lovely friends for the texts, social media messages and lovely gifts. I felt very loved - thank you all! 
I had a truly wonderful birthday and I have a feeling 24 is going to be fantastic, so bring it on!! 
Love you all.
XoXo.
B.

4 comments:

  1. Your turkey looks yummy! =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it makes me feel dreadfully old, all I can say is, life really does get better the older you get! So no matter what 23 held for you, I hope 24 is full of wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I believe 24 will be a fantastic year :) x

      Delete
  3. I wish I could be 24 again! Take it from someone who is a decade older than you, don't put too much pressure on yourself to achieve things by certain ages. Things work out how they are meant to, and you should just enjoy your life instead of putting pressure on yourself. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love hearing from my readers... :)